'Beacon Towers', built for Mrs. O.H.P. Belmont (Alva Smith Vanderbilt Belmont) by Richard Howland Hunt c. 1917-18 in Sands Point. The house was sold to William Randolph Hearst in 1927 and was demolished in the early '40s. Click HERE and HERE for more on 'Beacon Towers'. Click HERE to see where 'Beacon Towers' stood on google earth. Pictured above is 'Beacon Towers' after Hearst's exterior alterations.