Sunday, August 9, 2009
Chateau des Beaux-Arts
The Chateau des Beaux-Arts, designed by Delano & Aldrich c. 1905 in Huntington. The site was proposed to be a 400 acre recreation facility with a restaurant, entertainment facilities, a hotel, dock, bathing facilities, polo fields, tennis courts, formal gardens and villas. The venture was the work of the Bustanoby Brothers, proprietors of the Cafe des Beaux-Arts in New York City. The project was never fully realized and was only used for a short period of time before being destroyed in the 1950's. Click HERE to see where the Chateau des Beaux-Arts stood on google earth. Photo courtesy of SPLIA.