'Indian Neck Hall', the estate of Frederick Gilbert Bourne designed by Ernest Flagg between 1897-1900 in Oakdale. Bourne was the president of the Singer Manufacturing Company, a company which Flagg supplied with two buildings in Manhattan. On the 1,000+ acre estate Flagg combined the Federal Revival style on the exterior with what he called "the modern French Renaissance" style on the interior. Bourne was Commodore of the New York Yacht Club from 1903-1905 and the estate included a boathouse and deep waterway to allow for large yachts to access the grounds. On the right hand side of the house is an 80-foot long greenhouse. The residence also included a bowling alley, swimming "tank" and a Turkish bath. The estate had Olmsted landscaping with a 1,700 foot long driveway alleé (which has not fared so well over the years). Bourne left a $25,000,000 fortune upon his death in 1919 and the house was sold for $1,000,000 in 1925. In 1926 the estate opened as the LaSalle Military Academy and in 2001 was sold to St. John's University. Click HERE to see 'Indian Neck Hall' on google earth.