In 1921, after purchasing a preexisting farmhouse, J. Watson Webb and wife Electra moved from 'Woodbury House' to Old Westbury. Pictured above is the house before they began extensive enlargements to suit their needs. The estate included stables and a James O'Connor designed playhouse with an indoor tennis court and pool (it's a fair guess he was also involved in the enlargements). Much of the main residence and the entire playhouse have since been demolished but the stables were converted into a private residence seen HERE. Many more photos to follow, all courtesy of Old Grey Dog.
Click HERE to see the estate in a 1966 aerial shot.