Westbury House' owned by John S. Phipps and altered by Peabody, Wilson & Brown c. 1918 in Old Westbury. This was formerly the estate of William E. Hawxhurst (b. 1838), descendent of Christopher Hawxhurst, one of Oyster Bay's first settlers and largest land owners. William's son Harold's 1947 NYTimes obituary mentioned that William was at one time owner of much of the land that became Westbury and Old Westbury. William Hawxhurst died in 1908 and his wife Marianna Hicks Hawxhurst (daughter of Isaac Hicks) in 1915. Phipps purchased and incorporated the property into his estate at that time. In typical Peabody, Wilson & Brown fashion they altered and enlarged the Hawxhurst's c. 18th century Quaker farmhouse into what is seen here. Click HERE to see this residence on google earth and HERE on bing.