The massive stables building. Part of the original structure has been demolished, possibly due to a fire. Designed by George A. Freeman (1898), the building is now part of NYIT.
The water tower. The Whitney estate sits on the third highest point on Long Island, and this water tower served numerous functions throughout its life. It was a windmill, a fire lookout, and during WW2 a lookout post for enemy aircraft.
The farm group now sits on the property of NYIT. The dairy has been converted to the student center.
Click below to see the Whitney estate as it looked partially intact in a 1966 aerial shot.