This is part of the very large farm group designed by Alfred Hopkins. Above is a barn and the dairy, just out of the picture is the bottling room. Hopkins also designed bull and calf barns and garages for the farm complex.
The manor house, designed by John Russell Pope between 1921 and 1925. The house was much larger in its day but Field had part of it removed, some of it in the 1950's when Bradley Delahanty designed alterations for the removal. Olmsted Brothers did the landscaping for the estate, with trees and plants supplied by Hicks Nurseries.
Off of the western side of the house and through a garden are these gates, which would have led the visitor to a series of terraced gardens, however they were never completed and the area is currently closed.
The view from the rear, with a freshwater pond sitting in between the main house and the Long Island Sound.