Dedicated to the preservation of Long Island's 'gold coast' estates and other things old.
During the 1950's, the Braes estate became Webb Institute of Naval Architecture, when the school moved from its original campus in the Bronx to the better-suited Glen Cove location. 1891 signifies the year the school was founded. The photo above is showing one of the cornerstones from the original building, which was moved to Glen Cove to preserve the school's history. It has no significance to the Pratt family.
Thanks for the info!
Post a Comment