Built for Alexander Crombie Humphreys c. 1899 by C.P.H. Gilbert in Glen Cove. Humphreys was a mechanical engineer who had Gilbert design him a Mediterranean style villa near the Long Island Sound. This estate would eventually be sold to Frank Woolworth who rebuilt a new house by C.P.H. Gilbert, 'Winfield Hall', after the above home suspiciously burned down in 1916.