The James Byrne estate designed by Grosvenor Atterbury c. 1906 in Oyster Bay. Byrne was an attorney and partner in the firms of Carter, Hornblower & Byrne and Byrne, Cutcheon & Taylor. The house was purchased by William R. Coe c. 1913 and burned to the ground in 1918. Coe then hired Walker & Gillette to rebuild on the foundations of the Byrne residence. Click HERE for more on 'Planting Fields', the Coe residence. Pictures from Country Life, 1919.