'Annandale', originally the Charles Albert Stevens estate built c. 1896 in Old Westbury. Stevens died before the house was completed and it was purchased by Charles Tracy Barney, president of the Knickerbocker Trust Co., and a member of Rogers & Gould, stock brokers. Barney was married to Lilly Collins Whitney, sister of William C. Whitney who resided on the adjacent estate. Click HERE for Christopher Gray's Streetscapes column on C.T. Barney who committed suicide in November 1907 following The Panic of 1907. The home was later owned by William Goadby Loew who in 1934 hired Walker & Gillette to design alterations and renamed the house 'Loewmoor'. Loew was married to Florence Baker, daughter of George F. Baker of 'Viking's Cove' in Lattingtown. Click HERE to see where 'Annandale' stood on google earth.